1.1 report

Sep 7, 2007 at 2:27 AM
Inside VS 2005 won't cause exception, but still have nothing in clipboard. IE7's copy is ok until now.

There are other issues, like inconsistant icons and names between startup shortcut, taskbar, uninstall item, and the execution's different size icons. "Automatic" should be bold for it is the default option to double click at the icon. Left single click should open menu too. (You can see other program, right click show menu when mouseup, left click show menu with a delay about 1 second. I forget whether it is a click event?) I suggest add an "About" menu item and an About dialog to show version, author and project homepage. Add a command switch to indicate the startup mode is automatic or manual. The icon had best with a transparent background. The menu should have a splitter line above the "Exit" menu item.

The download setup file name is wrong (PasteAsTe"s"tSetup.msi). And I meet a situation during install. When 1.0 is running, the 1.1 setup shows "The following applications should be closed before continuing the install" but with no any application shows below. Then click "close and continue"(?) but the 1.0 is still running without been closed. Then the 1.1 setup success. And the two version with different folder are there. I should uninstall 1.0 then manual. So you should mention that users with 1.0 installed should uninstall 1.0 version then install 1.1.
Coordinator
Sep 9, 2007 at 12:19 PM
Hi Chris. Thanks for all your input. I'll set up work items for all these and try and get them in the next release (no schedule on that at the moment unfortunately). I'm still a bit lost about the VS 2005 issue. I think it might be happening because VS 2005 probably isn't putting data into the clipboard in a text-compatible format. But I still don't understand why Paste As Text would simply empty the keyboard. Anyway, guess I'll have to investigate that one a little deeper. Once again, thanks for your inputs.
Sep 10, 2007 at 1:24 AM
Add "Automatic/Manual" message into system tray's icon tip message, like "Automatic - Paste As Text".